How to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Volunteers enhance the services provided by the Lucy Idol Center. It is through your caring efforts that we are able to serve disabled individuals and impact their lives in a positive way.
Those who are interested in volunteering are encouraged to call the Center at 440- 967-6724 for more information or please use our Contact Us Volunteer form by clicking here. A variety of opportunities for participation in the Center as a volunteer are available to parents of enrollees and to community volunteers.
Examples of Volunteer Involvement:
- As members of the Board of Directors, they may serve in elected offices, receive leadership training, participate in policy development, etc.
- As aides to the Activity Therapists, they may participate directly in the Center program.
- As committee members, parents/volunteers can contribute to meeting the multiple needs of the Center, according to their individual interests, skills and available time.
The center also needs volunteers for:
- Maintenance activities
- Assisting with bulk mailings
- Assisting with field trips
- Assisting with weekly bowling & swimming programs
- Weeding, planting-working on the grounds.